This program will explore critical issues raised in medicine and life sciences. Using the Health Ethics Guide as the guiding framework participants will examine ethical dilemmas through the values and principles embedded in the Gospel.
Topics to be examined include:
- Fundamental Moral Values
- The Dignity and Nature of the Human Person
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- Respect for Embryos and Fetuses
- Organ and Tissue Donation
- Research involving Humans
If you are interested in better understanding the Church’s moral teaching on complex dilemmas often encountered in health care, this course is for you. Each participant will receive the Health Ethics Guide, the official teachings of the Canadian Catholic Bishops on bioethical matters, as part of the course materials.